This wiki service has now been shut down and archived
Welcome and Purpose
Welcome to the Data-Intensive Workshop wiki. The purpose of this wiki is to allow everyone interested in Data-Intensive Research (DIR) to add their ideas, judgments and opinions to help the organisers prepare the workshop and to shape the resulting reports. Please create an account on this wiki and add your ideas.
For fluent thoughts and ideas, Twitter users, please use #datares as a tag.
If you can, please add your words according to the following structure:
- Who we are We'd like to know who is coming and who came, please add a short biography with your interest in DIR here: The DIR Participants
- Your thoughts about DIR before the workshop should be entered here: Thinking about DIR
- Questions about DIR that you'd like someone to answer here: Questions about DIR
- Comments on sessions Monday: Introduction, Tuesday: Data Volume, Wednesday: Data Complexity, Thursday: Data Interaction and Friday: The Future with DIR
- Comments on Research Village DIR Research Village
- Comments on cross-cutting themes Programming Paradigms, Database Paradigms, Analysis Paradigms, Dynamic Distributed Data-Intensive Applications and Next-Generation Sky Surveys
- Notes from breakout groups Tuesday DIR Breakouts, Wednesday DIR Breakouts and Thursday DIR Breakouts
- Your thoughts about DIR after the workshop DIR General ideas and suggestions and DIR Quotable material and references for Workshop Report
- Offers to collaborate on DIR challenges" DIR Collaboration proposals
- Anything that doesn't fit above DIR Sundries